A. Choose the Correct Answer
1. The jaw structure of a snake permits it to eat and digest animals much larger than ...
a. it b. its c. itself d. it has
2. Sports medicine experts agree that ice should be applied immediately when an athlete suffers an injury to ... leg
a. its b. an c. the d. his
3. The policemen ordered the suspect not to remove ... from the hood of the car
a. their hands b. his hands c. them hands d. him hands
4. The company has so little money that ... cannot hardly operate anymore
a. it b. their c. its d. they
5. His father does not approve of ... to the banquet without dressing formally
a. his going b. him to go c. he goes d. him going
- (A) According to the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Construction, (B) no person should be (C) compelled to be a witness against (D) him own.
- According to the theory of natural selection, the man who was able to use (A) the hand and feet most (C) freely to walk and grasp was the one (D) who survived and envolved.
- Although Barney Clark lived only (A) a few months with that artificial heart, doctors were able (B) to learn a great deal from (C) him having (D) used it.
- According to Amazon legends, men (A) were forced (B) to do all of the household tasks for the women warriors (C) who governed and protected the cities (D) for they.
- After she (A) had bought (B) himself a new automobile, (C) she sold (D) her bicycle.
- (A) Before my parents (B) went home, (C) she had bought (D) me some food.
- Peter and Tom (A) play tennis (B) every morning (C) with Marry and (D) I.
- A mosquito’s (A) wings move about one hundred (B) times per second. (C) Them wing movement is the sound we hear when a mosquito is (D) humming in our ears.
- If it is (A) kept dry, a seed (B) can still sprout (C) up to forty years after (D) their formation.
- Because Sam and Michelle (A) had done all of the work (B) theirselves, they were (C) unwilling to give the (D) results to Joan.